Saturday 10 May 2008

Dumpster Diving Grossness

I've been pretty lucky with my dumpster diving in general... I've stayed away from most gross things... but today I didn't have the same luck. I brought home a really nice pristine box from a baby's toy. I was pumped - it was nice thin cardboard... just what I needed. Then I opened the box. At first I just saw all of the other packaging that usually comes with such a toy... but it smelled a bit funny, like a litter box... I was looking for the source of the smell and there it was in the corner... A diaper. It wasn't a totally gross diaper, just a wrapped up diaper. Makes you really think about recycling and all the sorting and all the regular garbage that goes in - and it makes me wonder how they sort it. I'll have to look into that some more...

1 comment:

pauline said...

?? no poopie diaper photos ??

LOL. i think it's time you built yourself a germ free full body suit. .. or bathe in rubbing alcohol. ;p

p.
xo